Bringing Our Communities Back Together
McCaffery has built and managed thriving communities for nearly 30 years. Ensuring the safety and the comfort of our residents, retailers, and office tenants has always been paramount to our success.
Over the past few months, the policies and procedures at each of our buildings have been updated to directly address the demands of COVID-19. Strictly adhering to the regulations set by the CDC and local government, the experience in our buildings has been slightly adjusted for the health and safety of our tenants and residents. Please see below for a comprehensive list of these modifications.
We’re doing everything we can to ensure our properties are safe. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should you have any questions or concerns.
Managing Director, Property Management
What You Can Expect
Visitors will access the building through a touchless check-in process.
- Signage is placed at entrances, exits, stairwells, escalators, and elevators to promote social distancing and manage traffic.
- Hand sanitizer stations are placed in high-traffic areas.
- All buildings are now handshake-free environments.
- Elevator capacity is limited to a maximum of two (2) people.
- Face coverings are required in all common areas including, but not limited to, lobbies, elevators, mailrooms, public restrooms, and stairwells. (This requirement applies to all individuals over the age of two who are able to medically tolerate a face covering.)
- Personal protective equipment is available upon request.
- Staff is required to wear personal protective equipment, and in some areas, plexiglass shields have been installed for additional protection.
Maintenance, Cleaning and Building Operations
Work Order Procedures
- All work orders are submitted and completed through a paperless process to limit contact.
- Staff is trained to assist residents and tenants via Facetime, telephone, and YouTube tutorials to complete minor repairs.
- All work will be performed when the space is empty, however, all staff will wear personal protective equipment if/when working in any occupied space.
- Annual and semi-annual fire drills and seminars are on hold until further guidelines are provided by local Fire Prevention Bureaus.
- Cleaning schedules have been increased to provide enhanced cleaning and frequent disinfecting of high-touch surfaces and high-traffic areas.
- Workstation desktops are disinfected nightly (must be cleared of paperwork).
- Vendor partners are required to outline COVID-specific cleaning protocols based on CDC guidelines prior to working in any building.
- Weekly electrostatic disinfecting is performed in all common areas.
- Increased outdoor air ventilation minimum of 20% - 30% as part of LEED standards and CDC recommendations.
- In compliance with LEED standards and CDC recommendations, McCaffery-managed properties use the highest efficiency-rated (MERV-13) filters.
- Increased filter replacements have been scheduled per CDC recommendations.
- HVAC filters have been upgraded and coil and exhaust systems have been cleaned extensively.
- Prior to reopening, Legionella testing has been performed on all potable water and mechanical systems.
- Biocide tablets have been placed in each condensate pan to prevent microbial growth of organisms.
- A thorough cleaning of coils and drain pans has been performed and will continue as part of its normal preventative maintenance.
Residential Leasing Tours
- Virtual and self-guided tours are available at all properties.
- Visitors and prospects will access the community through a touchless check-in process.
- Hand sanitizer stations and tissues are available in all offices, lobbies, elevator banks, and model units.
- Staff is required to wear masks and gloves while working, including during tours, orientations, and move-ins; prospects and residents are strongly encouraged to follow these recommendations.
- Tours and meetings will be conducted by appointment only.
- Prospects are asked not to visit the community if they are sick, have symptoms of COVID-19, have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or have been directed to self-quarantine during the present time.
- A maximum of two (2) individuals are allowed per tour.
Retail Leasing Tours
- Virtual and/or live Zoom tours available at all properties.
- Prospects are encouraged to arrive with their own PPE and wear a mask throughout the tour.
- All doors are open and lights are on prior to prospect arrival.
- All efforts are made to maintain at least 6 feet of social distance during in-person tours.
- Prospects are asked not to tour if they are sick, have symptoms of COVID-19, have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or have been directed to self-quarantine during the present time.
- A maximum of five (5) individuals are allowed per tour.
Amenity Spaces and Common Areas
Upgrades Throughout Our Spaces
- Signage is in place to promote social distancing and indicate new traffic patterns, modifications in room capacity, and adjusted operating hours, if applicable.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations are available throughout shared spaces.
- No-touch trash receptacles are in place.
- Furniture or equipment may have been removed or reconfigured to maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Foot-pull grips are installed at the bottom of public restroom doors for hands-free door opening.
Communal Beverage Stations
- Communal coffee stations, water dispensers, and/or water fountains may not be available for use.
- The use of disposable cups, dishes and utensils rather than reusable items is recommended.
- Beverage stations that remain in operation are disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- Fitness centers have been reconfigured to allow for appropriate social distancing; this may mean that some equipment is unavailable for use or has been removed.
- Group fitness classes are canceled until further notice.
- One-on-one personal training is permitted.
Our Commitment to Residents, Tenants and Our Staff
Public Health Resources